The Song, The Video, The Album....
Watch American Town now and buy the album on Bandcamp (physical copies available here soon..)
'American Town' is not your regular folk album. It's a whole lot more lively, percussive dominant, and upbeat; to the point where it feels a bit like a jazz or pop album at times. On the whole, Alice writes songs that are reflective of her unique American experience. Starting from a rural upbringing to embracing life in the big city and the eventual journey to settle down, each of Alice's individual stories and tales form part and parcel of the journey that is the album. Replete with melodic and sombre pieces as well as playful and lively ones, it's a wonderfully eclectic piece rooted in themes of folk. --
Kartik Sundar of FindNoEnemy.com
Alice BrightSky was a staple in the NYC and Brooklyn singer-songwriter scenes for many years prior to her move to the leafy burbs. After a long break to start a family she's back at music, armed with an old album, new songs and a steady babysitter. Catch her live and stay tuned for new recordings in the pipeline.
"The NYC artist has everything you'd ever want from the loudest music you'll ever hear, but delivered from such an intimate place, you'll pull your ear in closer to find out just what exactly she's lost and loves." - The Deli Magazine
Add me to a playlist.
Alice BrightSky hails from leafy Westchester, just north of NYC, where she works, raises her young family and huddles in quiet corners with her guitar breathing new life into old songs and... old life into new ones. Her first album, Box of Me, was released in 2013 shortly after the birth of her first son. Alice performed extensively around in the tri-state area following the release, charted on some college radio stations and enjoyed a warm reception by local radio and the indie blogosphere. In 2015 after launching the recording of her sophomore record, all music endeavors came to a screeching halt as the BrightSky family expanded again and being a mother to two little boys left little time for anything else. Fast forward to today and this mom is reigniting her music endeavors which are no longer at odds with the rest of her life, thanks to time (and a steady babysitter).
Catch her brand of indie-acoustic-folk-rock/pop, oft compared to "A-listers" Ani, Alanis and Aimee, around the Hudson Valley sometime. Check back for new works on the horizon and more artist alliteration...
Live (more like..) Livestreams
- Tue, Oct 26Tarrytown
- Mon, Oct 26Sandro & The OG Show - Pawling Public Radio
- Fri, May 01Songwriters ShowcaseMay 01, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMSongwriters ShowcaseIt's a brave new world we're in and I'm trying my best to keep the music going while working, mothering and homeschooling 2 energetic boys. You can catch me most regularly Fri. evenings for Westchester Songwriter's showcase, via these FB pages. But, I am also doing pop-up sets here and well, here.
- Sat, Mar 28Delaney's Irish Pub and GrillMar 28, 2020, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PMDelaney's Irish Pub and Grill, 400 Washington Street, Cape May, NJ 08204, USAThis amazing event had to be canceled due to the pandemic. I hope to be playing at the Jersey shore some other time in the not too distant future once it is safe and we are on the other side of this. Until then my friends, be well!
- Thu, Mar 19The Green Growler
- Thu, Mar 05Sing Sing Kill BreweryMar 05, 2020, 8:00 PM – Mar 06, 2020, 11:00 PMSing Sing Kill Brewery, 75 Spring St, Ossining, NY 10562, USAJam packed with amazing talent! This was the last in-person songwriter's showcase before the lockdown. Support Sing Sing Kill Brewery if you can, they have been an amazing sponsor of Hudson Valley talent and will no doubt pick right up where they left off in that regard, once it is safe to do so.